Co-operative education (co-op) is a joint venture between schools and communities that provides students with meaningful career skills.
Benefits to the student:
- Earn high school credits while you work
- Expand your current workplace skills
- Make more effective career and educational decisions
- Develop maturity and self-confidence
Benefits to the employer:
- Motivate the employee to complete their high school diploma
- Opportunity to increase workplace expectations of employee
- Expand the employee's workplace skill set
- More educated workforce
Contact your local learning centre to find out more about co-op opportunities. To register you will need to bring an up-to-date high school transcript and government issued ID.